The Beeches built in the 1870s replaced an earlier building which could have been the original Manor House. Bewfore it was demolished this builing housed Frederick Powel’s Academy for Boys.
the first school in Baslow was the Charity School at Stanton Ford. It closed in 1889. The garage of Stanton Ford ouse, on the left side of the picture, was the oiginal building, of course rebuilt from time to time.
The first school in the village was the Sunday School built by the Methodists in 1822. it became the Methodist Chapel in The the 1960s.
The National School was in the present churchyard, in the centre of the photograph. It served from 1839 to 1874 when it became inadequate for the village and the vicar needed more churchyard.
St Anne’s Schol Baslow. Built 1760 and still going strong. The part in the photo is original.